William Bloom – How to inspire, lead and teach Meditation
Oct 20 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Invigorate your meditation practice
This day will be an experiential oasis in which you will deepen your own practice; at the same time you will explore, learn and prepare to lead and teach meditation. Led by one of Britain’s most experienced mind-body-spirit educators.
- The many different approaches to taking people into silence — including sound, breath and movement.
- The nature of the meditation ‘zone’ itself — its physical, psychological and spiritual states.
- The science and physiology of how meditation benefits physical and psychological health.
- The different meditative activities taught in different traditions — such as emptying, compassionate witnessing, mindfulness, healing, inner dialogue, seed thoughts, prayer and consciousness expansion.
- The core skills needed to remain in a meditative state when the monkey-mind and inner daemons begin to sabotage the calm.
- Psychological risks, health and safety.
- The appropriate approach and words to use with your own students, clients and service users.
- Spiritual preparation for leading meditation.
- Planning and clarifying your own sessions.
There will also be plenty of time for Q&A and discussion.
This is a crucial workshop if you have a calling to lead people into calm space.
CPD certifcates available.
“‘Inner peace as easy as breathing. William Bloom has an encyclopaedic knowledge of meditation.”
“William Bloom is a modern western mystic and considered by many to be Britain’s leading and most experienced mind-body-spirit teacher.”
William’s background includes a two-year spiritual retreat and a daily meditation practice since his early twenties. He describes his approach to meditation as person-centred, holistic and valuing the jewels in all traditions. He has been leading and teaching meditation for thirty years.
He founded the Spiritual Companions project, is a Fellow of the Findhorn Foundation and co-founded Alternatives of St. James’s Church, Piccadilly. His books include The Endorphin Effect, The Power of Modern Spirituality and Meditation Masterclass.
He also holds a doctorate in social psychology from the LSE and a Cert.Ed. specialising in adult education
Listen to William on these episodes of Chi Time – Your Conscious Living Show